business ethics 104
Answer the following questions, drawing upon the assigned readings and resources and using specific examples from those readings and resources to illustrate and explain your thoughts. In answering these questions, please follow this format:
–write out the question and then provide your response.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
–when you reference (name) a theory, cite your source using the APA in–text citation style.
–you must cite sources and provide bibliographic reference at the end of the assignment. For an example of how to format this correctly, go to the Course Information module, click on Syllabus, then Course Readings and Materials and see the correct style for the textbook. The Shaw & Barry (2013) text is your primary resource in this course.
Using at least two (2) of the foundational ethical theories studied in Module 2 FOR EACH QUESTION, you should answer the following questions. With each answer, you should discuss the issues and set forth and defend a clear position on whether or not any constraint ought to be placed on the freedom of a business to:
- export capital (factories, jobs, resources) for production abroad (remember, you will want to concentrate on the ethics of this proposed action, rather than the political or legal implications) on
- export commodities which have been banned from sale in the United States due to health or safety concerns
- downsize in the face of economic difficulty
- break union contracts in the face of economic difficulty
REMEMBER, YOU MUST USE AT LEAST TWO OF THE THEORIES AND FACTS FROM THE READINGS TO SUPPORT YOUR POSITION IN EACH OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE.
Make sure that you have adequately dealt with all the subtleties of the particular theory. The answers to these questions can be found in the text but merely quoting from the text or paraphrasing the text will earn minimal credit–the answers should be in your own words and should involve some explanation and discussion of what these concepts mean.
THE ETHICAL THEORIES ARE utilitarianism, rawls, libertarian. DO NOT plagiarize.
Shaw, W. H., & Barry, V. E. (2016). Moral Issues in Business (13th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning
1. Read pages 262-378 in Shaw and Barry.
2. Read these articles:
- Griffiths, M., Kickul, J. (2013). The tragedy of the commons . Ivey Business Journal, 77(2), p33 (Access the article by selecting HTML Full Text or PDF Full Text).
- Harwell, D. (2016). Auto industry back in fast lane . The Washington Post (Access the article by selecting Full Text Finder or View record from Academic OneFile)
- Dennis, B. (2016). Federal judge says Obama administration lacks authority to halt fracking on public lands . Washington Post Blog.
- Tren, R., & Tupy, M. L. (2005). Africa feels EU’s bite . Washington Times.
- Stossel, J. (2014). Government Regulation Is More Harmful Than Helpful to the Environment . Examiner (Washington, D.C.)
- Rolo, M. A. (2015). Land Grab in Indian Country: Keystone XL Is a ‘Declaration of War’ The Progressive, 79(2), 22 (Access the article by clicking on Full Text Finder)
- Morgan, G. (2013, January 26). Hollywood Version of Fracking . Winnipeg Free Press.
- Musgrave, G. L. (2015). Free Market Environmentalism for the Next Generation . Business Economics,50(3), 156
- Riordan, M. (2016, April 12). Penalties for Exporting Jobs . International New York Times
- Higgins, S. (2016, September 1). Only 6 Percent of Unionized Workers Voted for Labor Unions . Examiner (Washington, D.C.)