child development observation 3
INFANT 18 Months and Under
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Choose one child 18 months and under to observe. In your write up of your observation include the age of the child, a description of the environment, and the number of caregivers in the room. In order to ensure confidentiality, please do not include the childâ€™s name on your work.
Guidelines for observation: You may not observe the child while they are sleeping.Although it is tempting to interact, you must keep interactions to as little as possible in order to objectively observe your chosen child. The goal is to only observe and not to interact with the children at this point.
- Describe the motor development of the child using SPECIFIC terms and typical expectations for this age range as outlined in your textbook (pg. 93.)
- List at least three fine motor actions, and three gross motor actions that you observe
- Describe at least two examples of the infantâ€™s actions in terms of:
- Using specific terms from your textbook (pages 117-121), describe the vocalizations/language development you observe. Do you believe the infantâ€™s language development appears typical for their age range? Why or why not?
- Describe the infantâ€™s observed temperament. Include evidence of at least 4 of the characteristics outlined in your textbook, including a discussion of temperament traits and characteristics.
- Early reflexes (purposes (pg. 89, and observed (pg. 90). What is typical for the child you are observing. Reflexes present or not? Why or why not?
- primary circular reactions(pages 111 and 112)
- secondary circular reactions
- coordination of secondary schemes.
**Remember that these reactions will vary based on the age of the child. Specific examples of what this might look like are included in your textbook. I highly recommend reading this information in your textbook before observing the child so you know what you are looking for!
Requirements for observation:
- At least 2 pages
- Double spaced, 12 point easy to read font, no larger than 1 inch margins
- Make sure all assignments are clearly labeled with your name and course title at the top right hand corner
- All assignments must be submitted using the link provided on Blackboard. If you are having difficulties with this link please notify me via email immediately before the assignment is due.
- I highly advise always making a copy of your work.
- Make sure to read ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS for this assignment prior to your observation.
- You must cite information that is not from your own brain using APA formatting.