You have read about and actually written HVAs – or more currently “THIRAs” – in other classes. Let’s spend the week really going into detail about how such an analysis impacts the hospital.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Demonstrate how a Hazard Vulnerability Analysis is completed by completing a HVA for their individual home/business.
- Describe how a Hazard Vulnerability Analysis is used in developing an emergency management program.
- Examine different HVA tools. Many hospitals use the Kaiser Permanente tool, but it does have drawbacks.
- Assess the KP tool and discuss. Refer to: Copy of kaiser_model(1).xls
Campbell, P., Trockman, S. J., & Walker, A. R. (2011). Strengthening Hazard Vulnerability Analysis: Results Of Recent Research In Maine. Public Health Reports, 126(2), 290â€“293.
Fares, S., Femino, M., Sayah, A., Weiner, D. L., Yim, E. S., Douthwright, S., & … Ciottone, G. (2014). Health care system hazard vulnerability analysis: an assessment of all public hospitals in Abu Dhabi. Disasters, 38(2), 420-433. doi:10.1111/disa.12047
* Based on your readings and experience, comment on the effectiveness of HVAs. Are they too subjective? How would you approach developing an HVA?
* Develop an HVA for a hospital in your community. Provide details on the hospital (bed numbers, location, ect.). List the top 5 hazards. Defend your answers.
* APA Style.
* Use your critical thinking not only summarize.
* Two references at least.