essay outline 9
English 124 Current Event in USA Essay 3 Prompt
For your third paper you will be required to write an essay at least
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
8 pages long
building an argument based on one of the topics covered in Chapters 18-20, 23-25, or the Classic
Arguments section of your textbook. Choose which chapter you wish to use, draw evidence
from the readings in that chapter, and make a persuasive argument of your own based on the
chapterâ€™s topic. These chapters and classic arguments give you a wide range of choices for
topics, so choose the one you find most interesting.
Your essay needs to be clear and unified under your thesis. Make sure to include specific
evidence from the articles you read, to show how and why you analyzed the articles the way you
did in your essay. Make sure to review the section in your textbook on proper MLA citation for
any quotes or paraphrases you use from your outside source.
Make sure to use one or more
sources outside the book to support your argument.
- Introduction: in 1 or more sentences complete the following
Thesis: Write a full sentence including the following information:
-Your position on the topic, this should be what argument you want to make you created after learning about the topic from reading the chapter you selected from the prompt list.
-List of your main supporting points.
- Body Paragraph 1: Background on your topic: Right after your introduction provide any background context on the topic drawn from the chapter articles you read, or other sources, to help your argument be more accessible. Cite any quotes you use.
- Body Paragraph format: State your topic for paragraph 1 in a phrase (3 or more words).
-Using phrases state briefly what you will cover in this paragraph.
-Any quotes you want to use here or in following sections of your outlines, follow this format:
A.Set Up Quote (Why is the source reliable?)
B.Quote or Paraphrase. Use MLA Citation Rules. (Author Last Name, Pg #) OR (Webaddress) if electronic source.
C. 2 to 3 phrases on how and why the quote or paraphrase supports your thesis.
- Follow the same pattern in step 2 for each of your body paragraphs for your essay. You donâ€™t have to have a quote in every paragraph only where you think it will best fit in your essay.
- If you disagree with any points from the articles in the chapter you use, then respond to them in your essay; why is your argument more persuasive?
- Conclusion: State why agreeing with your topic is important to the audience.