evaluate theories of organizational design describe at least three of the most important contributions to organizational theory explain how those contributions influence organizational structure and summarize the most relevant learnings for the shapiro
Organizational Theory and Structure in Action
In an environment of rapid change, it is important that health care administrators are prepared to plan for and assess organizational effectiveness. By applying theories of organizational design, administrators can help shape the structure and culture of an organization, and ultimately, influence its success. For this Assignment, examine the following scenario and consider the organizational structure of the Shapiro Cardiovascular Center.
Scenario: You are a health care consultant with a thriving practice working with Boston-area hospitals. Your expertise is in organizational design and organizational behavior. One of your clients, Gary Gottlieb, of Brigham and Womenâ€™s Hospital, has accepted your proposal to work with his organization on the opening of the Shapiro Cardiovascular Center.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In your consulting experience, you have found that reviewing the history of organizational theory helps management teams creatively approach the challenges they face. In addition, it is important to be able to analyze managementâ€™s contribution to organizational effectiveness and consider how strategy shapes organizational structure.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the provided scenario, as well as the â€œBrigham and Womenâ€™s Hospital: Shapiro Cardiovascular Centerâ€ case study in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources.
- As a team, begin developing a presentation on organizational theory and structure for the senior executive team of the cardiovascular center.
In a 20- to 25-slide presentation, your team will address the following:
- Evaluate theories of organizational design.
- Describe at least three of the most important contributions to organizational theory.
- Explain how those contributions influence organizational structure and summarize the most relevant learnings for the Shapiro Cardiovascular Center.
- Analyze unique aspects of Brigham and Womenâ€™s Hospital (BWH) and Brigham and Womenâ€™s Physicians Organization (BWPO) organizational structure and the design of the physical space.
- Analyze at least two ways management has been both effective and ineffective. Recommend at least three best practices that Brigham and Womenâ€™s management can refer to when working on other projects.
- Using organizational theory as a framework, identify at least four challenges that the Shapiro Cardiovascular Center management team is faced with in aligning strategy and organizational culture. Include the potential impact on key stakeholders.
Note: The presentation should be 20â€“25 slides, not including the title and reference slides. Include presenter notes (no more than 1/2 page per slide) and use tables and/or diagrams where appropriate. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and at least three additional scholarly sources.