For this assignment, read the background information and then learn about Diane Mathisâ€™ experience with non-English-speaking patients.
Read the Intro and the Case Story. Then listen to the Lecture. http://support.mchtraining.net/national_ccce/case2/home.html
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In a paper:
- Compare and contrast the range of medical language interpretation and describe what is considered â€œbest practice.â€
- Consider and describe at least two scenarios in situations in which patients are non-English speaking and qualified language interpretation is not provided. What are the key ethical principles to be considered? What are the implications for the patient in each alternative?
- How would the scenario relate to your own health profession’s code of ethics? If you are not currently working in health care, you should use the code of ethics for the profession you plan to pursue upon graduation.
- Compare and contrast the model of medical practice between the U.S. (Western scientific paradigm of medicine) and another country with a different culture.
- Which healthcare model is better and why?
Length: 3 pages (excluding the cover page and the reference list)
Coalition of National Health Education Organizations (CNHEO). (2017). Code ethics for the health education profession. Retrieved from http://cnheo.org/ethics.html
Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE). (2017). Code of ethics for the health education profession. Retrieved from http://www.sophe.org/careers/ethics/
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health (2017). The national standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care (CLAS). Retrieved from https://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/browse.aspx?lvl=2&lvlid=53