This week you will select one of the following guideline topics from ICD 10-CM code book and create a PowerPoint presentation that will explain coding the diagnosis you choose from the chapter specific guidelines found in the front of the ICD 10 CM Code Book. Choose from one of the following diagnosis.
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI)
- Acute Respiratory Failure (ARF)
Find the guidelines in the front of your code book for the one diagnosis that you choose. Read them carefully and review those codes and instructions in the tabular list until you understand what the guidelines are conveying. Once you have done that, create a power point or Word document presentation that includes the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- An overview and explanation of the diagnosis you chose so that the new coders understand what they are coding.
- Quote the guidelines for your diagnosis verbatim using quotation marks from the code book.
- Next, in your own words, communicate the guidelines in a way that is easy to understand by a new coder. This will require you to reword and breakdown the information contained in the original guideline.
- Use one flow chart, picture, or diagram in your presentation.
- Find two codes in the tabular list from the chapter your guidelines are from and use them as an example for the diagnosis coding you chose. Include the written code description from the code book.
- Make sure you have proof read your presentation and it is free from errors.