learning connections 1
Connecting Your Learning- please see scoring gude
Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Analyze police-community relations issues from an ethics perspective.
- Competency 2: Differentiate criminal justice social control concepts.
- Competency 3: Articulate effects of professional development on police-community relations.
- Competency 4: Explore the use of police discretion in complex criminal justice issues.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
In this assignment, the criteria in your Connect Your Learning Scoring Guide are directly aligned to Competencies 1â€“5 for the course.
An important part of comprehending the relationship developed between the community and the police is taking time to understand the role of police in society. This course has introduced you to many of the philosophies, responsibilities, and strategies used by police in the United States as they attempt to balance expected services with positive community relations. You have examined social-control processes used by the police and the community as they attempt to create a safe and social society. And, you have seen that the community’s expectations can be quite different from what the police can actually provide.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For your final assignment, you will make connections between your learning and applications, showcased in career-specific contexts.
Prepare a 4â€“6-page paper (1â€“1.5 pages per competency for Competencies 1 through 4), focused on the course competencies:
- Address two key areas of learning for each competency. Competency 5 will be showcased through your coverage of Competencies 1â€“4.
- Showcase your learning proficiency and describe the importance of your learning relative to application in a career context.
Place your assignment in your ePortfolio for future reference, and to demonstrate your learning connections for future employment purposes.
Be sure to review the Connecting Your Learning Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 4â€“6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your paper to Turnitin. Once you review your results and make any needed changes, submit your paper for grading.
Portfolio Prompt: You are required to save this learning activity to your ePortfolio.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.