must have a minimum of 100 words each question
Chapter 7: Nietzsche
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. If Nietzsche were alive today, would he describe the contemporary United States as being governed by master morality or slave morality? Explain, and be specific.
2. Do you agree with Nietzscheâ€™s claim that â€œevery elevation of the type â€˜manâ€™ has hitherto been the work of an aristocratic society and so it will always beâ€? Why or why not?
Chapter 8: Ortega y Gasset
3. Do you agree with Ortegaâ€™s claim that we are (as of 1929, when he wrote The Revolt of the Masses) living in what he calls a hyperdemocracy? Explain.
4. Who exactly is the â€œ mass manâ€ according to Ortega? Do you agree with his assertion that â€œthe mass crushes everything different, everything outstanding, excellent, individual, select, and choiceâ€? Is Ortega just a petulant snob, or is he on to something? Explain.
Chapter 9: Sartre
5. What does Sartre mean when he says â€œexistence precedes essenceâ€? Do you think this is a correct characterization of the human condition? Why or why not?
6. Do you agree that if â€œGod does not exist, everything is permitted?â€ Why or why not?