read case study and answer questions 6
To read the case study attached below, and answer the following questions:
James, M. L. (2010). Accounting for business combinations and the convergence of International Financial Reporting Standards with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles: A case study. Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 16(1), 95-108.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What key financial ratios will be affected by the adoption of FAS 141R and FAS 160? What will be the likely effect?
- Could any of the recent and forthcoming changes affect the companyâ€™s acquisition strategies and potentially its growth?
- What were FASBâ€™s primary reasons for issuing FAS 141R and FAS 160?
- What are qualifying SPEs? Do they exist under IFRS? What is the effect of FAS 166 eliminating the concept of qualifying SPEs on the convergence of accounting standards?
- If the company adopts IFRS, what changes should management be aware of?
- What are the principle differences between IFRS and U.S. GAAP?
Your submission should be a minimum of three pages in length in APA style; however, a title page, a running head, and an abstract are not required. Be sure to cite and reference all quoted or paraphrased material appropriately in APA style.