Answer all questions fully. Answers shall summarize the requested information in a readable format where applicable. Fully cite your source of information at the beginning of the assignment, then explain in your own words the requested information as applicable. All work must be your own, sharing of work is a violation of academic integrity. Neatness (spelling, grammar and appearance) counts.
Short Answer (1 point each)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. What are the three levels of government in the United States?
2. What are the three branches of government in the United States?
3. Identify ten sources of law in the United States.
4. What are the two functions that are served by the United States Constitution?
5. Explain why the terms â€œstandardâ€ and â€œcodeâ€ are ambiguous.
6. Does Congress have the authority to make arson a federal offense?
7. Identify three differences between civil law and criminal law.
8. What level of government has inherent police powers?
9. Where does a courtâ€™s jurisdiction come from?
10. Explain the difference between the roles of a judge and a jury during a trial.
11. What is the difference between a municipal volunteer fire department and a volunteer fire company?
12. What are the consequences of a volunteer fire company having its corporate charter revoked by the state?
13. Explain the differences between a fire district, a municipal fire department, and a volunteer fire company.
14. Is an organization named the Smithville Volunteer Firemanâ€™s Association, Inc. a corporation or an association?
15. What is the most important benefit that a volunteer fire company would get by being a corporation as opposed to an association?
Discussion Questions (2 points each)
1. Can a legislature adopt an NFPA Standard into law in such a way that future changes to the Standard automatically become part the law?
2. What are the advantages to having three levels of government as opposed to simply a national government? What are the disadvantages?
3. Should a person who is dissatisfied with a jury verdict on a question of fact be allowed to appeal that decision? What are the consequences to our legal system if appeals over questions of fact are allowed?
4. What are the legal challenges that confront regional fire departments and county fire departments when coverage must be provided to a new response area? What are the challenges that arise when a municipality for which coverage is presently provided suddenly wants to withdraw and start its own fire department?
5. Why are agreements between volunteer fire companies and the jurisdictions they protect beneficial to both parties?