Congratulations on reaching the final week of the course! In Week 6, begin by completing Interactive Unit 7: A Changing Society. Then you’ll complete your final assignment of the course, the Final Essay and your Final Exam.
Photo Credit: People in Motion
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Interactive Unit 7: A Changing Society
Laureate Education. (2015).
SOCI 1001S rough draft essay worksheet [Word document]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Review the Rough Draft Essay Worksheet that you completed earlier in the course, in which you began exploring the content for your Final Essay.
By learning more about the complex interactions that contribute to problems or issues in society, you can better understand your role in creating positive social change. For this assignment, you will explore and research a complex social problem using your sociological imagination.
To prepare for this Final Essay:
- Be sure to complete all the Interactive Units before writing the essay. Consider the ways that social institutions contribute to the formation of societyâ€™s values. For example, how is the social institution that you selected portrayed in the media? What current problems or issues is the institution facing?
- Create a list of the possible social problems that you could explore in your final essay. You might want to do some brainstorming on the topic by listing the institution and the number of ways that it contributes to the transmission of societyâ€™s values. Describe both your selected institution and the social problem that you would like to address.
- Use the feedback that you received on your Rough Draft Essay Worksheet to inform your construction of this Final Essay.
Compose a 3- to 5-page essay in which you:
- Describe the theoretical perspective (functionalist, conflict, or interactionist) to which you relate the most and why.
- Briefly describe how the social institution (e.g., family, religion, education, or government) you selected in the Rough Draft Essay Worksheet Assignment and briefly describe how this social institution contributes to the transmission of societyâ€™s values.
- Identify and state a problem or issue related to that social institution, and use at least one theoretical perspective to describe the social problem.
- Conduct research to learn more about the problem. Use the information that you find to create evidence to explore the social institution and social problem in the context of a changing society.
- Describe at least one recommendation that you would make to the social institution to encourage positive social change. How could the social problem be better addressed?
Refer to at least two specific examples from the Interactive Units or Required Resources. Be sure to use evidence to support your claims by citing your source. An example of an acceptable citation: â€œAccording to the Culture Module of Interactive Unit 2.â€ Please include an APA Style cover page and reference page (these do not count toward the length requirement).
By Day 7
Submit your Final Essay.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention â€œWK6Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)â€ as the name.
- Click the Week 6 Final Essay Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 6 Assignment link. You will also be able to â€œView Rubricâ€ for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as â€œWK6Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)â€ and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Week 6 Final Essay Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Week 6 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 6 Assignment
This exam will assess your understanding of the concepts you learned in Interactive Units 5 and 7 of this course.
Good luck on your Exam!
Submission and Grading Information
Submit Your Exam
To submit your Exam:
Final Exam – Week 6
Week in Review
In this final week, you defined technology and analyzed the evolution and current role of various media. You also explained basic concepts and measurements of demography, a variety of demographic theories, and distinguished different types and stages of social movements. In addition, you shared your recommendation(s) on how to make social institutions encourage positive social change.
Congratulations! After you have finished all of the assignments for this week, you have completed the course. Please submit your Course Evaluation by Day 7.